Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Diet

So I think this title sums up this post. DIET!! I need to be the biggest loser...well not really I don't have that much to lose, but I could stand to lose 30 #'s. Yesterday I bought a bunch of fruits and vegetables and was going to start today, but plans change so it will have to start tomorrow.

I'm going to start with the Detox Phase where I can only eat fruits and vegetables with some protein coming from plain yogurt and egg whites. This phase will last for 9 days...9 days people! I hope I can make it. As you know I was suppose to start today, but I had a slice of chocolate cake. Dammit I can't even go without cake on the FIRST day. I talked myself into eating it by saying I just made this cake yesterday and it's the last slice so I can't just throw it out. Right? After I eat it it will be gone!

I've been telling myself everyday for like 6 mths. "Tomorrow you need to start your diet." And I just don't, how lazy is that? I need a motivator! I've tried to get my husband to help me out or go on a diet with me, but he won't. It's hard to not think about eating chocolate when your husbands sitting there shoving a brownie down his throat. I'd just rather it (unhealthy foods) not be in my house so it doesn't tempt me. I think I will be okay if I can just discipline myself and get through these first 9 days.

2 comments:

Michael said...

This is almost like the post you were going to do explaining how Kenny is not a eunuch, but completely different.

Dieting is a bitch, especially if you do it alone. For me, I had to have cancer before I could change my diet, and that's only because my old eating habits would literally make me physically ill.

You picked a really hard time to go on the diet, with xmas around the corner. I think the hardest part, for most people, is coming off the sugar. People think that sweet fruits can sub in for the sugar, but it's not the same chemically. As a result, people get even more frustrated with the cravings.

You could always do Atkins for a couple weeks or so, and then slowly re-introduce good carbs. The Atkins would totally shock your system and kill the cravings (kinda like going cold turkey), then reintroducing good carbs once you're weened off the sugar would give you a balanced diet.

There's also exercise. They say sex is great exercise, but with Kenny being a eunuch, you're probably on your own there, too. :P

Tabitha said...

Your right I might just have to wait 'til after Christmas to start this "diet" ;o) And thanks for the advice I just might take it!