Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Letter to Santa & a Christmas Story

Dear Santa,

I have been a good girl.

It really wasn't my fault what happened at Dale's Christmas party. It was Michael who spiked the punch with too much alcohol. I can't help it if I drank 12 glasses. It was so good--smelled and tasted just like cinnamon.

I thought it was funny when I put Kenny's boxers on my head and danced the salsa on the chair while singing 'Dance, Dance'. I didn't mean to break Dale's radio and don't know why Dale would sue me for assault.

I don't remember calling Bobby's wife a fat cow--even though she looked like one with purple eye shadow and black lipstick!

And when I threw up on Misty's husband's legs, it was only because I ate too much of that hamburger.

After all that fun, I admit I was a little tired. So I fell asleep on my way home and drove my '55 Ford through my neighbor's living room. I don't think that was any reason for my neighbor to call me a ugly dog and have me arrested for indecent exposure!

So Santa...here I sit in my jail cell on Christmas Eve, all wide-eyed and crazy. And I'm really not to blame for any of this horrible stuff. Please bring me what I want the most--bail money!

Sincerely and always yours,
Tabitha (Really a nice girl!)

P.S. It's only 27 bucks!

I thought this was fun and I had to use my blog buddies ;o) You can do one of your own here.

And I know this post is stupid but I gotta say my life's a little boring at the moment...gotta find something to do now that school's out. I guess I could get a job...no, wait...fuck that it's Christmas time I would never get a break!! I have worked in retail for 3 yrs. I know how busy it gets and you couldn't imagine how bad it is on Christmas Eve I would ring up customers purchases and turn around and gift wrap them, the funny thing is that most customers on Christmas Eve are MEN go figure!! Why do you wait 'til the last possible minute?

I remember me and Kenny's first Christmas together. We had just gotten married the month before (Nov. 12th 1999) & we only dated 9 mths. before we got married so this was our very 1st Christmas. Anyways, on Christmas Eve we were going to exchange presents (we lived w/my parents at the time). And Kenny's like, "I gotta go, be right back" and he gets in the car and leaves. Comes back from Beall's with my gift!! He bought me a nice sweater, jeans, perfume, and a watch!! Too much stuff! And that's one thing that I notice about men buying gifts at the last possible minute and I mean 2 minutes 'til closing time on Christmas Eve, you end up spending more than you have to. Kenny probably spent 150 bucks on my present because he was trying to make up for waiting at the last minute to get it.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, enjoy the time off. It's better having too much free time, than not enough...especially this time of year.

I don't wait until the very last minute for my xmas shopping, but it usually doesn't start until the week before. I had pretty much all mine finished on Monday.

On the other hand, you lady-folk do your xmas shopping wicked early. I mean, Black Friday? That's like a month ahead. :P

Tabitha said...

I definately don't shop on Black Friday..too damn busy! But I will admit I start thinking of Christmas presents as early as October, but I wait 'til the last week as well.